Pages

Saturday, July 07, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now...


Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew 24 Hour Deoderant


Yep...deoderant. It may be an unusual thing to talk about but after buying this I feel like I just had to sing its praises. I have always had some discoloration under my arms. I never really thought about it and I never let it keep me from wearing sleeveless things or anything but I was aware of it.

Lightening products in general have always been really popular in the Asian market. To my understanding there is a tremendous emphasis there on light, even skin. Now while we here in the Western market are all about an even skin tone, bronze skin still reigns supreme. After using this however, I'm begning to wonder why it took the western market so long to introduce a product like Dove's Clear Tone Deoderant.

I bought this at Walmart maybe six weeks ago after seeing the commercials, and since I was in the market for a new deoderant and I always buy Dove anyway I figured why not give it a try. I was blown away by the effect and the fact that I saw results after only one use.

It noticeably lightened the "dark circles" (for lack of a better phrase) under my arms after the first day and after about three days they were gone completely. I'm not sure which of the active ingredients in the product are the ones that create the effect but you can enlarge the photos above if you'd like to look up some of the ingredients on your own.

 The effect hangs around as long as you use the product, so if you forget to use it the darkness will return. As far as it acting like a deoderant I found this preforms just as well as Dove's other formulas. It keeps me dry and lovely smelling all day and beyond and keeps my pits soft to boot. It also comes in a Sheer Touch formula but I'm not sure how it differs, it seems to me it may just be an alternate scent. They only had the Skin Renew in stock when I purchased so that was the one I bought.

I can't think of one way to fault this product. At under 4$ at most discount retailers (link!) you have nothing to lose by trying it. This is a brand new must have for me, especially with the warmer weather, it is an ideal summer body care staple.

Do you think you guys will give it a try?
xoxox
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.