Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nothing Beats the Original

Ah BB Cream...when the public finds a product that really is unique we like to take it and run with it don't we? Well over the last year or so we as a consumer base have managed to beat the BB Cream dead horse into the ground. Whats not to like? It claims to be an all in one product. It gives you sun protection, hydration, and coverage all in one tube and magically betters your skin while you go about your business.

On the surface it seems like every girl's dream product, but how many times have you tried a drugstore BB cream and thought, "isn't this just a tinted moisturizer?" Now I have and use the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream, and I do like it. It is a nice light even coverage and great for a lazy day. It is a great tinted moisturizer. I bought a L'oreal one and returned it, it made me orange. Last week when I saw the Maybelline version in stores I almost got it but then I stopped myself. I do not need another tinted moisturizer.

Now on to the point of my post.

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream

I got a sample of this BB Cream in one of my Birchboxes and when I first laid eyes on it I was dissapointed. I thought, I've tried a bunch of these already and while I do like some of them I just don't think they are as great as they claim to be. I was wrong. After a brief accident where a small squirt wound up on my shirt I applied this and suddenly realized that a beauty balm with a fuller, natural coverage did exist.




I was in Sephora the other day and a very generous benefactor (thanks Dad!) bought me a few choice new bits. When I saw that Sephora was carrying the brand I pounced on the Dr Jart+ Water Fuse formula. Apparently Dr Jart is meant to have developed the original BB Cream formula, and the product is made in Korea.  The Water Fuse formula is  designed to be one of the more hydrating versions in the line and as it was the sample I tried and loved, I decided to snap it up.

Like most BB Creams it starts out as a pale skin tone color with a slight gray cast. These products do not come in shades so since one skin tone does not fit all this product will sadly only suit a small portion of people. Compared to other products the texture is very thick. It is very much a rich cream in nature and although when you first squeeze it out the color seems off, once you blend it in it molds to your skin.

It creates an even, smooth canvas on the skin and when I wear this I find I only need an under eye concealer and a bit of powder through my T-zone. This is essentially everything I've ever wanted in a base product. I've always shied away from foundation because I hate that you can see it on the skin. In the same vein, when I use a tinted moisturizer I find that most times all  you get is a slick feeling on the skin with no discernable coverage. This feels comfortable on the skin, looks like skin, and diminishes the appearance of discoloration and blemishes. If you are into a full coverage face this isn't for you but if you want a "your skin but better" look please sample one of these BB Creams.

The best part? It is the first product that claims to have skin benefits that actually seems to be beneficial to the skin. It doesn't clog my pores the way traditional face products do. It also doesn't feel anywhere close to what you would expect of a product the provides this type of even-ness to the skin. It's a mistake to even refer to it as "coverage" because nothing feels or looks covered it just looks better. Better than that it keeps my extremely dehydrated skin hydrated throught the day without causing any additional oil to break through my makeup.

Wearing Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream (no additional powder used)
In the interest of full disclosure I do have quite good skin in the first place and I'm not after a full coverage look. I've always found the idea of a tinted moisturizer appealing but found that most provided moisture but no tint. This is the texture, cover, and reality of the tinted moisturizer I have always wanted. I'm so pleased with this purchase and I love the idea of this not just for the warmer months but for all year round.

Check out Dr Jart+ here. (link)

Have you guys ventured into the BB Cream maze yet? Have you found anything that suits you?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.