Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

In Defense of Expensive Mascara

Of all the cosmetic products in all the land mascara is the only piece of the puzzle that very few people seem to shell out for. 
Even I've said it in the past: "I don't think luxury mascaras give any better lashes than one from the drugstore."
I may be prepared to eat my words.
The last few months I've been riding the department store mascara train and honestly:my eyes have never looked better.


The gateway drug of pricey lashes was the YSL Faux Cils Shocking Mascara
I had been dying to try it for years and a few months back I decided it was time to pull the trigger and buy it. This was love at first swipe.
I tend to look for a false lash effect in my mascara and it this delivers. It holds a decent curl, nothing remarkable, but it makes lashes look long full and lush.

When my YSL tube stared to flake after three very long months of use I went back to a product I had loved before but abandoned in favor of budget. 
The Make Up Forever Smoky Lash has reached something of a cult status these days.
This is another standout in the world of luxury lashes. It does take a few days to reach optimum texture levels but once it gets there it builds beautiful, feathery soft,  full lashes in a couple quick coats. 
Lovely.

Next on my list it the Mally Volume Mascara. I keep hearing amazing things!

This is not to say that you can't find a mascara at the drugstore to get the job done for you but, if it's in the budget, it never hurts to treat yourself to something a little extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.