Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

The Makeup Bag| 48 Hours in Skincare

I know it's bad but my least effective packing for a few nights stay somewhere is always in the skincare department. It could be because I never really think through what I need but mostly it's because I always pack my skin stuff first thing in the morning when I'm still half asleep.

Yeah, time management isn't always my strength.

This time though, I think I may have gotten it right.
 After a few days away my skin is happy and so am I.


*Stay tuned at the end of the post for adorable puppy pictures!!!*

The cleanser I reached for was the Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. This is not my favorite cleanser. It feels amazing but doesn't rinse away too cleanly. That said, with a little warm water and a nice face cloth this really breaks down things nicely. I also opted to leave this one behind this way in case I forget next time I at least have a decent cleanser that will not over dry.

After that I follow up with my Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner.  This has been a staple for months and makes the cut because it is currently my only exfoliating toner. I will likely be trying something different when this runs out. It's not bad but I think I can do better.

Next up is the new staple indeed labs' Hydraluron. The serum is as effective, simple, and enjoyable to use everyone says it is. I notice this more when I don't use it and I think that speaks volumes.

As a bonus I tossed in the mini sample of Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Oil. This is nice. I think there are better more effective oils on the market but the sample size of this made it a nice add on for the weekend. 

Last it is an orgy of Origins products. Since I picked up this 500 point perk from Sephora back in in August my skin has been eagerly eating up all of the Origins goodies. The Gin-zing Moisturizer and Eye Cream have been revolutionizing my morning routine. These guys brighten and hydrate in a way that makes any skin look instantly awake. The High Potency Night-a-mins has been doing some heavy lifting as my nighttime cream and I have liked it. It hasn't knocked my Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream out of the top spot yet but it is a very nice alternative. 

It also helps that they are in easy baby sizes. 

I think it's important to look to any samples you might have lying around before you pack your weekend getaway bags. They can be an untapped resource and travel is the perfect reason to bust them out. 

So lesson learned and 48 hours was well spent in skincare bliss. 

Now for some bonus puppy pictures...just because.


SHUT UP...he is adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.