Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

About Face| Barely There Beauty

I love the freedom of easy makeup days. Usually Sundays for me. Most of the time I don't bother at all. I like to give my skin the day off if I can but, whether I'm running out for coffee or to run errands there is a small arsenal of products I refer to so I can be out the door in under five minutes.

The best part?
You can apply the whole routine with just your fingers.

 

 For base it's a one and done scenario for me. I reach for the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer and Highlighter in Radaint. I don't know what it is about this color but not every retailer seems to stock it. I found this backup at Ulta and it is one of my favorite lazy day concealing products.

A swipe under each eye and down the center of my face leaves everything feeling and looking fresh and bright.

To tame the brows I run a little of the Eseence Lash & Brow gel through to get rid of any flyaways. I have a pretty hardy brow to start with so this step is fine for me but if you're working with less a tinted gel might be more up your alley.
The MAC original Brow Set is still the favorite of all the ones I've tried.

In keeping with the eyes I love a good shadow stick for quick one sweep application. I have yet to find a formula that beat the Mally Ever Color Shadow Sticks for longevity. They are creamy, blendable, and stick around for hours. There is a brush in the photo I used for blending but it is completely optional.
The shade Saddle Shimmer is a can't miss warm golden taupe that is fool proof when worn alone.

Now no look is complete without a healthy dose of mascara. As it is the YSL Shocking is still ruling my life but a recent Sephora Friends & Family haul has put an old favorite back in my hands.
I like to really go to town here. I think enough mascara can create easy, fast, and full definition.

As for blush I think it's nearly impossible to go wrong with the Kevin Aucoin Creamy Glow blush formula in the shade Tansoleil. It is the perfect natural flush shade in a formula that sits somewhere between a set powder and a glowy cream. 
I think when you are cutting down products blush is a really important one to stick to. It adds so much and is so easy to do.

Finally a nice easy lipstick for a look like this would be a classic "your lips but better" shade. I opted for a nice sheer version in the form of a Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
Although if you've seen my other quick an easy makeup routine you know I'm not above whacking on a red lip here for a little extra oomph!

It'll take you less time to put on this makeup than it did to read the post. 
Happy Makeuping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.