Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Stick With It

 If I had to guess which product I use most in my eye product stash I would have to say it is my ever growing assortment of retractable eyeshadow pencils. 

They are Monday morning heaven.

The formulas I've tried to date make for the perfect swipe and go shades but, the best part is that on mornings when you do have more time they can be layered with other shades to create a more dynamic effect and a longer lasting look.




The two shades that really see the most day to day rotation for me are the Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer and the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 05. 
I picked up the Mally number on Amazon around this time last year and I really have not stopped using it. It is the perfect combo of an understated warm brown base shade with a healthy dose of bronze-y gold shimmer.
On the eye by itself it is a simple everyday shadow with a hint of warmth and sparkle to it and underneath my bevvy of browns it creates an stable and beautiful base to carry my shadow throughout the day.

The newest addition to my routine is the Kiko formula. Shade 05 is on everyone's radar these days because of it's striking resemblance to Chanel's New Moon which was LE and came out int he Fall collection.
This is a bit of an off selection for me. It is a cool rosy brown shade with a hint of taupe-y warmth in it. The flash of warmth is what makes this wearable for me. Without it I fear I would look too tired and grey but if any of you ladies out there with a yellow undertone are looking for a nice taupe I would happily point you in this direction.
The formula stands up beautifully on my notoriously greasy lids and makes this a well spent $12.

The final formula is the Marc Jacbos Twinkle Pop Eye Stick.
What is that name??

This is by far the least versatile shade of the trio, which isn't really saying much as they are all pretty unoffensive. 
I have the shade Leilia which is a pink toned copper shade with enough glitter in it to choke a My Little Pony. 
This is the formula that I find to be the least long-wearing of the bunch and also boasts the highest price point but, in true luxury fashion I have yet to find a comparable shade anywhere else.
For most this might be an easy pass but, copper shadow is a staple for me and having an item like this around makes the look I want that much easier to achieve in a pinch.

If you have yet to give them a try a good shadow stick in your everyday shade of choice is a fast and easy way to put away your morning routine even faster.
They can even double as a liner in an emergency.
Word the the wise: If you live near a store the Kiko is easily the best bang for your buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.