Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shopping My Stash: Autumn Edition

Now the beauty concept of shopping one's stash requires having a stash in the first place so forgive me as this post really only applies to people like me with Far.Too.Much.Makeup.

When you do find you accumulate products it isn't hard for some of them to get forgotten about in the back of a drawer somewhere. 

For this reason once a season or so I like to have a good rummage through all of my beauty hiding places and pull out all the things I once raced about that got abandoned when newer shinier things came along. 

It seems I tend to be especially guilty of this with blush products.


The two cheeky items I pulled are NARS Blush in Sin and MAC's Extra Dimension Blush in Firey Impact. These serve very similar purposes despite being very different colors. 

Sin is a staple in most collections. It is a cool raisin shade with a hint of a white gold sheen to prevent the finish from falling too flat. It leaves a slightly berry toned wash of contouring color on the cheeks and is a nice one stop shop for early morning shenanigans. 

Firey Impact on the other hand was limited edition but, as we know, MAC always repromotes eventually and if you take a look they probably have a permanent product that isn't all that different.
The warm brown tones in this also take on a really lovely sculpted feel while just adding a hint more warmth and bronze to the look. I find because I'm warm toned I am naturally inclined to shades like this more often so it's somewhat of a surprise that I forgot I had it. It leaves a nice soft satin finish with no discernible sparkle or sheen.

For eyes I'm revisiting the Clinique All About Eyes De Puffing Eye Serum. I never really loved this but it has a little more life left in it and the cooling sensation is lovely first thing in the morning. It feels nice but I'm not so convinced it does much of anything.

Now the other eye product is something I was obsessed with this time last year. A year back I was still commuting about 4 hours round trip each day to my job and rushing to get my makeup done before my morning train nap. The NARS and God Created the Woman Palette ruled my eyeballs last Fall and that shade in the top right from the Alhambra Duo is the best kind of one sweep shadow to warm up cool mornings when you don't want to get out of bed.

Finally we have the NYX Matte Lipstick in Bloody Mary. The formula and the shade are things that I have been banging on about for nearly three years. The matte formula here is comfortable, long wearing and affordable. On top of that the shade Bloody Mary is  perfect rose toned pink red shade that perks up the complexion so easily especially as the Summer tan becomes a distant memory. 

So what are come of your recently rediscovered items?
Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.