Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Winter Skin Saver

When the last few rays of Summer sun fall behind the clouds and it starts getting dark before you get in form work the time comes to start bracing your skin for the cold. 

I always end up surprised by it and as a result end up battling dry, flaky, chapped and sore skin for a few days before everything rebalances.

One thing I am always sure to have on hand year round and especially now is a one stop shop all purpose balm to protect and heal my skin from the serious NYC winds.


 My favorite prior to my recent acquisition was always Lush's Ultrabalm. It is a lovely beeswax based formula and has always served me well.

New to me from Glossier (Gloss-e-ay!) is the balm dotcom. (That name!)
This is more similar in ingredient list to the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and does have a petroleum base. It also has a list of lovely botanical ingredients to help flesh out the soothing and healing properties. 

The petroleum content means two things to me.
I will only reach for this during the day. Petroleum bases tend to sit on the skin so its amazing as a barrier against the cold. 
I will also relegate this to lips and body use just because I find the petroleum to be clogging on my face but on places like elbows, knuckles, and cuticles this little fellow will be your best friend. 

At $12 it is a price and purse friendly item from the fledgeling brand and the pop up shop on Lafayette St. is a really fun place to visit if you're in the NYC area. I for one am glad I checked out the products before buying. I wanted so badly to try the skin tint but sadly the silicone content makes my face go ape shit. Even the small patch test I did in the store took its toll. 

That said if you are not sensitive to it the finish seemed lovely, light-weight and skin-like.

This little nugget has already claimed a spot on my desk in the hopes that it will save me from the ravages of an office with constantly changing temperature level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.