Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Revlon Does Lips Past, Present, and Future

Yay lipstick!

There are few products that bring me more joy in makeup than a good lipstick.
Revlon happens to be a brand that very often delivers BIG TIME when it comes to lip products at a great price. (Coupons are also your friend!) Lately they have come out with a popular product in a futuristic formula, and revisited some favorites from their past.
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy and Striking--- Link! | Revlon Super Lustrous Legacy Lipstick in Jungle Peach
I have found such a workable wardrobe of spring-ready shades in some of Revlon's newest releases, starting with their new Legacy Collection.
Now I am nostalgic to a fault. I loved that Revlon as a brand went back into the vault and offered up some of their old bestsellers to a new audience. Jungle Peach is a very apt pale nude peach shade for it's initial release in 1963. I find, because I am fair, it is the perfect nude for my complexion. Its warm but not orange and lighter than my natural lip color without being the same shade as my skin. Epic. Win.
I can see this baby being on regular daily rotation.
Now for something of a more colorful nature, the new Matte Balm Sticks are 100% the way to go. They are a flat matte finish that last and stay comfortable on the lips for hours. They have a completely unique feel for a matte lip color. It's almost like they never really set, they stay creamy feeling while looking completely dried down. It may even be giving my NYX matte lippies a run for their money :o
I can't wait until other brands jump on this formula band-wagon!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.