Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Candy Coating


I have come to find, more and more lately that a good crème finish nail polish, in an eye catching candy shade, can provide you with some much coveted whimsical sophistication on a day to day basis. Its a statement nail that seems to whistle and hum as opposed to shouting it from the rooftops ; so to speak.
 
I've narrowed it down to three favorite spring shades that will suit nearly any taste and can work in a variety of professional environments.
 
The Closest to Classic- Essie's Lovey Dovey is a mid-tone pink that happily skirts the line between baby and neon. The kind of Pepto color that gives just the right amount of girly girl vibes, without the need for a mid-July tan to carry it off. While a non neon pink may not be my jam very often, this particular shade did manage to be one of the pinks that easily survived my Annual Polish Purge.
 
The Red Alternative- Butter London's Silly Billy works in favor of a classic red shade. This springtime I have very much been feeling the red-orange alternatives. Now don't be fooled, this will look very citrusy on the nails, but with just enough red to keep it from feeling unflattering, or overly vibrant. I think I makes a very sophisticated but, trendy statement that isn't difficult for anyone to pull off.
 
A True Departure- Now after the last few years mint nails are hardly breaking news but, gone are the days of pastel greens. The newer mint shades, like China Glaze's Highlight of My Summer, have a neon-esque quality that set them apart from their predecessors. This shade is for those of you in a considerably more lax place of work, but a stunning choice none the less.
 
Would you be willing to branch out this spring? What would you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.