Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

That Springtime Sensation

With mother nature cruelly holding out on Spring for us east-coasters I have been desperately trying to duplicate a warm weather glow with my makeup.

Call it wishful makeuping.


^ Name that movie reference and I'll love you forever^



Crown Brush Stippling Brush--Link | Milani Baked Blush in Bella Rosa--Link | Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies--Link


This cheek pairing has really been keeping me optimistic about warm weather eventually making it's way to New York.


 The new Milani Blush in Bella Rosa is an insane pink-toned red matte blush with a pigmentation so insane it REQUIRES application with a duo fibre brush. Without it you will be forever stuck in the land of the Aunt Sally cheek.



To bring a little bit of glow to the party I've opted for the forever beautiful Illamasqua Cream Blush in the shade Lies. A Pixiwoo suggestion from WAY back that I recently resurrected from the back of my beauty closet. It imparts a very high shine glow that almost looks like gloss, or even wetness on the cheek. It creates such a glow that it looks like the light is simply bouncing off of an incredibly reflective surface, and not a highlighter. 


Hopefully continued use of this cheery little combo will make it feel a little more seasonally appropriate around here until the sun finally makes it's long overdue appearance.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.