Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

To Eye Cream or Not To Eye Cream

...that is the question.



Well, it is, isn't it?

I can't think of any other thing, beauty related or otherwise, that I have done so religiously without being sold on it's effectiveness. I so often find myself sampling eye creams because the thought of shelling out for something that may or may not work seems absolutely bat-shit crazy to me.

Yet here I am, dutifully patting them under my eyes every night before bed, and every morning (almost) before I apply my makeup.


L: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado---Link! | R: Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream---Link!
I suppose when you think of it, the concept of eye cream as a product is relatively new in relation to the ancient practice of skincare. I don't even think women my mother's age were encouraged or barraged with the need for as many products for as many regions of the face and body as we have today.

Sometimes when I'm looking at this specific kind of product I get overwhelmed by the feeling I'm being unceremoniously duped by marketing executives and their accountants mentally counting their profits as I consider my purchase. There are some days where I think I would be smarter just to let the notion go.

For the time being however, I think I will keep experimenting (through samples!) until I find something that creates any discernible result.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.