Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Don't Call It A Statement Piece

I never really jumped on the statement necklace bandwagon. Bandwagon's not really being my thing aside, I refuse to give into the J. Crew trend, OR part with that much money for some gold plating and plastic put together in China...Sorry.

I have however found a few new, inexpensive, and unique pieces that have me changing my tune.


Silver Chain Choker-- Swapped For!
As I mentioned in my recent beauty purge video here, a friend of mine was having a bit of a clothing swap in preparation for the changing seasons. I generally don't hoard clothes, so my contribution is almost always accessory and beauty related. However, this year I did manage to find myself a pretty cool statement necklace amongst all of the t-shirts and never returned slightly too big jeans from H&M.

It came along in the form of an oversized chain link center with some infinity-type net chain along the sides it had just enough size to really stand out around the neck, but not so much color, texture, and size that it made my head spin. It was the first thing I spotted and it immediately went into my bag to bring home. I have been wearing this a lot with sweaters and heavier layers that stand up quite well to the size of this piece.


Crystal Pendant Necklace from the Broadway Silk Shop -- More about that HERE
Following that find was an unexpected local find from a shop I had never step foot into before. The Broadway Silk Shop in Astoria was a place I'd always passed but never shopped, until a few weekends back when I was out enjoying the unexpected 60 degree weather and sunshine.

It has such a nice selection of Etsy-esque finds for a fraction of the price. The above crystal and triangle pendant came in at just around 15$ and is a much more budget friendly way to work the raw crystal trend. (Although if you haven't seen the stuff over at BCP Jewelry yet, you are missing out!) The best part is you still get the satisfaction of supporting a small business while finding a nice affordable trinket for yourself, minus the shipping.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.