Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Quick Dry Solution?


So I have always been a Seche Vite girl. There are definitely some pros and cons to the stuff but, personally I have always loved the no wait, insta-dry, quick finish factor.

After much, much love from none other than Anna at Vivianna Does Makeup, when I happened on a can of Mavala's Mava Dry spray at Pastuer's Discount Pharmacy in NYC I couldn't help myself. I had to see if adding the step to my manicure routine would add to the experience. Did it?



Well, yes and no.

Let me explain.

Does is quickly dry your polish? Yes. Does it add to the experience? No, not really.

Let me further explain.

If you are a Seche Vite user, like I have always been, this step is superfluous. Only because Seche Vite is designed and, works best, when used over still wet polish. When I use this, after my color and before my topcoat, I find it actually makes my manicure chip and peel more quickly than when I apply topcoat over a partially dry color. I think this has more to do with how the topcoat is intended to work more-so than the spray.

Having said this, when I have used the Mava Dry OVER a topcoat other than Seche Vite I have seen far more positive results. It dries quickly and it doesn't interfere with the wear of the polish or the topcoat. So I would say if you do come across this at a reasonable price (my can was $12) I say give it a try. Especially if you are looking for a way to leave your Seche Vite behind.

**As a disclaimer I have not researched the ingredients in this so if there is some specific thing you are avoiding to give the label a quick read yourself!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.