Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Clean As A Whistle Baby


Oil cleansing is, by no means, a new feature on the blog. I've been singing the praises of the DHC Cleansing Oil for nearly 2 years now. I still stand by it as a fantastic makeup remover and all around skin wash. Having said that, no one (least of all me) is immune to a little skincare curiosity. Especially when it comes in at a wallet friendly price tag.
 
After seeing Caroline and Gemma mention The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter I figured at $15 it was worth giving a try. On top of that The Body Shop is almost always running some type of promotion or another so you will likely never have to pay full price.
 
As part of the promotion I took advantage of I also picked up the Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover in the mini size.
 
The makeup remover reminds me quite a lot of a micellar solution type product. There is no oily residue, no eye irritation, and no makeup left on my eyes after a quick soak and sweep of this solution. I could see this being labeled as a Bioderma dupe type product. If you are the type who typically hunts down the stuff like it's hidden treasure (it is) give this 4$ baby a try. You might find that the accessibility The Body Shop offers makes this a more attractive option than it's fancy French cousin.
 
Now the star of the show. The cleansing butter has quite an oily soft, smooth, almost whipped texture to it. A bean sized amount easily covers my whole face and removes any face makeup, dirt, and oil that may have accumulated through my suit-soaked NYC daily travels. In addition the nourishment this provides has been a huge solace for my skin throughout this bitter cold winter we've been having on the east coast.
 
All in all the combination has proven effective and enjoyable. I would hesitate to assign either of these a HG status as I will almost certainly be trying something new when the time comes. Despite that, I will happily finish up my supply and I whole heartedly recommend them if you are looking to investigate oil cleansing but can't seem to find a quality cleanser at a drugstore price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.