Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

The One Sweep Sensation


I love a good no-brainer, early AM friendly, one sweep wonder shadow. In the last year, with the 9-5 job, the commuting, the suddenly swinging again social life, I have been really into the no fuss eye shadow look.

On any given day, I max out at about 2 shadows on my eyes. I actually think, and this is just me, that fewer colors on the lid looks a little bit more fashion forward and lived-in. When I think about makeup these days that's  a phrase I think about a lot. Lived-in.

On the menu,

Eye Bright- L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush. The best part about this budget friendly one and done shade is that it instantly makes you're whole face look alive and well. On my hazel eyes it works it's magic and makes them appear that bit more blue-green but, for you blue eyed gal's this is an 8$ can't miss color.

Instant Contour- The praises of this MAC classic, Woodwinked, have been sung since the beginning of the build your own palette phenomenon. With some dense application and generous blending, this is the color that invented the one sweep wonder. It mysteriously takes on the qualities of two colors when packed on to the lid and lightly blended into the crease, making(up)* your Monday mornings a whole lot easier.

Never Enough Sparkle- Now some days it's hard to pass up some glittery temptation. The Urban Decay Moondust Shadows create the most beautiful, shiny, wet looking effect on the eyes that is surprisingly daytime appropriate. The shade Diamond Dog (David Bowie is the man!) is a nice cool toned brown, that comes off much lighter on the lid than it appears in the pan. When generously patted on the lid with fingers and blended into the crease with a brush it makes for a nice easy smokey day look in mere moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.