Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Autumn Edit



I love Fall. Love. It. Everything about it but, most of all the makeup. Oh the makeup. Now I'm all for wear whatever you want whenever you want but, something about the autumn especially makes me feel very seasonal.

Starting with the base I will 100% be returning to Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint in Linen. Purchased back in April, it very quickly became too light but, as soon as my minimal tan fades this is coming back to my makeup bag. The new addition is Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair. With my Bobbi Brown corrector nearly extinct this is the first in line as a potential replacement. The jury's still out but I like it so far. NARS Sin is up to bat for blush duty as it leaves a soft flush of color while also shaping the face a bit. Perfect for in-transit application.

For versatility sake I love a good MAC quad. This starting lineup includes (Clockwise from top left) Kid, Typographic, Patina, and Cut to Fit (LE but Antiqued is almost identical). It gives me my ever so favorite copper smokey eye (who doesn't want to look like an Olsen sometimes) as well as some more natural options for lazy days. My new addition is the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara, which I am so far loving.

Purchased in tandem with the aforementioned mascara, Lancôme's Rouge in Love in Cocoa Couture. I love this formula and this color is the perfet brown-red for fall. Joined by an old favorite, Revlon's Lip Butter in Crème Brulee for the ultimate sheer Fall nude shade.

Does the change of season compel you to opt for new makeup bag go-to's? What are they? OR what do you rely on regardless of season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.