Pages

Sunday, September 08, 2013

BOTB #2



Lets go week 2!

Clockwise from the top.

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer (or Apocolips) in the color Luna. A very user friendly peachy-pink shade VERY reminiscent of MAC's Ever Hip if ever so slightly more warm toned. It pairs very well with subtle and dramatic makeup alike, and as much as I like this lip formula I think (for me) its far more forgiving in a softer color like Luna.

YSL Glossy Stain in #2 Brun Glace. Recently revisited in my autumnally appropriate vampy lips post and may very well be a fixture in the feature for the next month or so. It gives you great control over the level of color you wear, as well as being phenomenally long lasting and glossy.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Crème. This is a very easy no brainer nude lip. Similar to MAC's Crème Cup (coincidence?) its a pink-nude only slightly lighter than my natural lipcolor. I can see myself actually finishing this color but be warned there is a strong synthetic fruity odor in this formula that not everyone will like.

Finally L'Oreal Caresse Shine Stain in Berry Persistent. The much more affordable dupe to the aforementioned YSL Glossy Stain. As L'Oreal owns YSL it's no surprise the formulas are identical (I honestly have experienced no difference.) I've always longed for deep glossy lips but as I have problems with colors bleeding it was something that was very high maintenance for me. Products like these have made that a possibility for me, and one that I will continue to take advantage of. Word to the wise though: The darker colors perform much better across both brands.

What have you been wearing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.