Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

How Do You Vamp?


Or do you vamp I guess is the better question? If you don't, you should. (IMHO) There is nothing I love more when the cooler weather rolls around than playing Snow White. With my transparent complexion a nice deep pout makes me fee like the yummiest of sexpots. Yay! (Isn't that what all this makeup business is about anyway)
 
Now I realize for most people this is well afield of your comfort zone. Trust me, I've got you covered too.
 



 Milani Color Statement in Chilled Brandy. Now this one is a hair frosty, but in a deep shade I think it looks amazingly reflective, festive, and very high fashion. My love of all things foiled was well documented last year.

 If you are feeling really and truly bold, Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in Shame is for you. I. Love. This. The formula is stellar. Long-wearing, pigmented and bleed resistant. If you're willing to commit to the vampy lip this is the formula to go with.

On the fence? Opt for the Revlon Super Lustrous in Raisin Rage. It's a bit more on the brownish red side of vampy, so it gives you the comfort of neutrality. It's still dark, but it's more like a My So Called Life lip and less like an Elvira lip. (Shut up. I love Elvira.)

The real safe bet? YSL Glossy Stain in #2 Brun Glace. Insanely buildable, a true long-wearing and pout staining product. It gives you the freedom to do one layer for a light, deep glassy look, or 3+ layers for a sexy glossy full on lip look. (The swatch above is in between with 2 coats.)

How about you? Will you be channeling your inner vamp this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.