Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crystal Clear

I am not really the kind of girl who looks for a lot of sparkle in my accessories. I like naturally occurring metals and earthy looking stones. I was desperate for a raw quartz necklace but, like always, was unwilling to pay the price for the pieces I found. These are the times when I'm thankful to live in a place with abundant resources and for a "do it yourself" spirit.


It was so simple. 15$ in raw quartz pieces, an upcycled necklace chain, earring backs, and some super glue and I was in business.

I simply wrapped the silver wire through the pre drilled hole in the larger "pendant" piece, creating a loop in the process, and voilĂ  instant necklace. The earrings are easier still. Superglue back to "flattest" side of crystal chunk. That's it.

I love them. Super simple and incredibly statement making. I have not stopped wearing them since I made them.

DIY next up, this super cool new Celine choker for Fall'13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.