Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Next Generation

In beauty sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Sometimes that $22 lipstick outshines anything  else you've tried and you will dutifully hand over your card for your next favorite shade. Sometimes though, the drugstore brings out something that is a quality surprise at a quantity price tag.



 This next generation version of the budget eyeshadow pencil has very quickly weaseled it's way into my daily makeup bag.  In order of appearance...

1. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Crayon in Bad Girl Bronze is the newest to my arsenal and the most autumnal. (i'm already anxiously awaiting Fall, can you tell?) A beautiful warm brown shot through with a copper gold shimmer. This is ideal for an allover smokey, but still daytime appropriate look.

2. Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hour Wear Shadow Pencil in Sand Dunes was one of the first of the new budget offerings I meticulously hunted down. This puppy is straight up sparkly. It doesn't apply perfectly and has a tendency to go patchy but, I love this layered under a matte nude shadow. It's just enough shimmer to wake up the eye but no so shimmery it's childish.

3. Jordana Made to Last 12 Hour Shadow Pencil in Continuous Almond. This offering from Jordana (owned by the same folk as the Milani above) is a beautiful long wearing matte nude shadow. If you pay attention to the beauty world you know Milani released a very similar shade by the name of Almond Cream, but this one is more affordable and more easily accessible. Such a good basic, it seamlessly evens out the lid and provides a beautiful base for other shadows.

Have you tried any of the new shades at the drugstore?
If not I highly suggest you consider it the next time you pop in for teepee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.