Pages

Friday, February 01, 2013

A Birthday Treat

Sephora Holographic Flat Bag: Illamasqua Nail Polish in Nomad: Illamasqua Lipstick in Magnetism

I love it when my birthday rolls around. Last week I turned 24 and the universe graced me with a knock down, drag out, case of strep throat. Awesome. So to celebrate the following weekend I went out with some great ladies for some adult beverages and a post hangover self indulgent trip to Sephora.
On the list was one of the beautiful bags from Sephora's Holographic Bag collection. (link!) I wound up with the small flat "Macaroon" style and love it. It's transparent, color changing, and perfect for carrying around day to day essentials.
I did a few laps around the shop (as you do) and finally settled on the Illamasqua counter. I have a couple of blushes and a nail polish from the brand already and really liked the idea of expanding the collection. I settled on the nail lacquer in Nomad, a beautiful bright shamrock green shade. It's not quite mint, not quite turquoise, and not quite neon, and just perfect. (It even got Mom's seal of approval!)
Lastly I reached for the brand's autumnal lipstick offering, Magnetism. This is SO PRETTY! It marrys pink, red, and burgandy in a way that is wonderfully wearable and dramatic all at the same time. It also dries to a satin finish and stays put on my feather-prone lips. I am a happy birthday panda!
What makes you guys feel self-indulgent? What is the first thing you reach for?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.