Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Glitter the Great and Powerful

L-R Which is Which?|Lights of Emerald City|When Monkeys Fly?
 
I will not lie, the moment I hear OPI's 2013 Soft Shades collection was a collaboration with Disney's new movie OZ the Great and Powerful ,well,  you could smell the skepticism eminating from my pores. I sit here at my computer anxious to eat my words. I saw photos of the glitter shades first and while the whole collection is pretty stellar, these shades really do steal the show.
 
"When Monkeys Fly!" -The only real dissapointment of the three is this chunky gold and halographic combo. Taco city baby. They look beautiful in the bottle but the application is a total bitch. The large gold hex glitters are so curly it takes eons of top coat to make your nails smooth. While the formula may leave a lot to be desired the mix is so pretty on that I am more than prepared to fight the battle.
 
"Lights of Emerald City"- This square, matte white, and iridescent mix is glitter topcoat success. With nail polish knock off's being big drugstore business lately I love that this OPI shade is something new and easily accesible. You can clearly see the indie polish influence here, but it is still a 100% unique shade. (to my knowledge.) While application does require a little finesse, this one is nowhere near as bad as When Monkeys Fly! I find a small dot placed in the middle of the nail and slowly spread works best and gives nice even glitter coverage.
 
"Which is Which?"- This is the least unique and best performing of the three shades. It is a halographic glitterbomb, with hex and bar glitter speckled with fine halographic glitter dust. Over a silver base this is discoball inspired perfection. I even layerd this over a nice pale nude a loved the combo. If you were determined you could probably later this to full opacity but it would take a good 4+ coats.  
 
I am so in love. If you want to see these shades in action you can follow me on Instagram @blkmagicwoman21 or stay tuned for my weekly nail posts. Like these...
 
 
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.