Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

The Before and After

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothign Facial Lotion and Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre

My moisture routine has really been ramped up the past few weeks. Ever since the weather fell well below ridiculously cold I have been re-tooling what moisturizers I use and when. I have found that moisturizers I typically reach for a night have been more appropriate for the daytime. Only a few of them though, have been playing nice with my makeup.
The Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Lotion is the richer of the two creams. I like to save this one for very very cold days. It has quite a strong authentic rose scent that does linger on the skin. There is also a very tacky feeling of this left behind on the skin. Neither of these things sound like appealing features for your moisturizer to have but I must say it seems to really help they hydration stick around. My skin still feels soft, smooth, and full even after a full day of wear. It was this aspect that had me after this as a night cream but with the winter shaping up to be a brutal one, this has weasled its way into my morning routine.
The Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is one of those products that is famous for use under makeup and I finally got to find out why. I recieved this sample in a Birchbox and jumped on it right away. It really didn't dissapoint. I have heard wind that it may not be the most efficent moisturizer but I find that it words really really well for me. It keeps my skin feeling hydrated throught the day and makes applying makeup really easy and beautiful. I reach for this one most days (unless it's brutally cold) and plan on purchasing the full size when this one runs out. I can even see this being a realiable daytime product when the weather starts to warm up again.
What are some of your winter daytime favorites?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.