Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Gloss-Over



Gimmick Alert! Alright so I am always on the hunt for a good affordable, long-wearling, liquid liner. The formula of this reminds me so much of the Urban Decay, Stila, MAC, etc liquid liner formulas. More than anything the effect I was after was a super glossy liquid liner.
Gimmick aside I think this is a really fantastic product. The little foam oblong disk on the end of the wand is designed to give you the option of using it lengthwise for a slim line or sideways for a thick line. I do not think this feature adds anything to the product.  I wish they would have just released this as a glossy liner with a plain foam nib.  I am seriously toying with the idea of cutting the little ball off. I think if you are after a wing this the little ball makes getting a good clean point MORE challenging.
If you are savvy with your liner skills, buy this. It wears for days and only comes off with serious oil based makeup remover. The gloss effect is more like a vinyl effect which I think looks so badass and if you are into wearing just a cat eye than this could be a neat way for you to update the look.
If you are new to liquid liner I would encourage you to try this but be prepaerd to practice with it a bit.
Another thing worth noting is that this requires a good, long, vigorous, shake or it seperates and comes off at the slightest whisper of moisture. If you remember to shake it though it will never come off.
Any other liquid liner junkies out there?
xoxo
Molly



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.