Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Not So True Match

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealor Pencil in Shade W 1-2-3
This is a hard one for me to admit to, becuase I really wanted to love this, but this is one dissapointing concealor. It's such a shame because I really wanted to like this one. Lets start with the pros shall we...
I love the pencil delivery system. It has a twist up mechanism so you never have to worry about product waste and the product is narrow enough to be accurate even after the point has worn down. This, along with a lot of the True Match line, is a great color match for me. (Shade W1-2-3) The texture of this is also brilliant. It is so creamy and feels lovely on the skin. That is where it stops for me though...
While the consistency of this really is beautiful; when you go to blend it into the skin the color seems to blend away all toghether. The color, but not the product. I'm not sure if this makes any sense but it's like you can still see the texture of the product on the skin, even though there is no coverage there. You might be able to get away with this over areas of discolored skin but if you apply it to skin with any type of alternate texture (read: gross blemish-y skin) it seems to not stick at all.
The worst part? This clings to powder like you wouldn't believe. I have tried any number of powders over this and it seems like no matter what I do it gets cakey and flaky and gross. It also seems to oxidize on contact with any sort of powder.
All in all I would say there are better budget concealors out there for you to spend your money on. Has anyone tried that new Covergirl stick concealor yet?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.