Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Gloss on the Cheap

YSL Brun Glace

L'Oreal Berry Persistent

 This has been a hotly anticipated little product. I think we got wind of it back in the summer when it was released overseas and now its part of our 2013 releases. I don't really think this comparison needs to be too long winded. The L'Oreal Caresse Shine Stain (lol) is a less expensive identical dupe to the YSL Glossy Stain.
It's not that hard to believe since YSL is a subsidiary ot L'Oreal. Eventually the formulas trickle down and we get access to them right at the drugstore.
The L'Oreal is .21 oz for an average price of 10$ while the YSL is .2 oz for 32$. The two things to bear in mind is that there are 12 shades at the drugstore and twice that at the department store. Also, I have heard that some of the lighter shades at the drugstore swatch a bit sheer, but go on to the lips quite dark. ( I have heard that the YSL light shades perform similarly.) I personally wouldn't aim for this type of product in a lighter shade but if you would those are some things to bear in mind.
The last and final difference lies in the type of doe foot you get. The YSL is a solid while the L'Oreal has a bit of a hole in it which I prefer. I can get enough product out of the tube this way and do not have to re-dip to complete a single coat.
They wear on me with a nice jelly sheen for about 4-5 hours and the color stain lasts about 8 hours.
If you were curious about the Glossy Stain go out and get the L'Oreal first. If you really can't find the color you're after at the drugstore then maybe think about splurging on the YSL version.
Have any of you spotted these yet? Any thoughts?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.