Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Two Lips, New Lips (Red Lips, Blue Lips?)

I am the worst. After going back to work for a few weeks my blog has definitely felt the brunt of the backlog. That aside I have aquired some new things and am prepping a few nail inspired holiday posts. YAY!
 
When Sephora was doing their VIB sale last month and I found out I was unable to participate (sorry couldn't afford the 350$ membership fee this year guys...lame) I placed a spite fuled order with Nordstrom. No discout but always free shipping and some pretty sweet samples. I needed some new brush heads for my Clarisonic (which I have recently fallen back in love with) and two luxury lip product lemmings.
 
Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Terre De Feu YSL Glossy Stain in Brun Glace

 
 
 
I have been after the NARS Pure Matte formula for ages now. I love a matte lip and I have many different colors from all different brands and price points. The Good: Its a great color, not unique, but beautiful. I really love that its slim. It's not the only brand that presents color like this but It's the first I've had in this packaging. It wears like a champ and leaves a nice, subtle, even stain on the lips. The Not-So-Good: I was a little dissapointed in the formula. I would call it a mediocre matte. It's not the most drying or unfogiving but, if brands like NYX and Revlon can offer a light weight long wearing and flattering formula than at 3x the price why can't NARS? I also wish I had opted for a different color maybe because I do have things that look quite similar to this on.
 
The YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in Brun Glace on the other hand is eveything I wanted it to be and more. I feel like I bought this more out of curiosity than a desire for glossy lips. I don't know how to describe this accurately. The best I can do is say that the color sinks down through the product and stains the lips while the clear gloss product sits on top. Eventually (after about 4 hours) the gloss texture wears away and the color sticks around. Its so neat. Grab one of these for the holiday season parties. They look glamorous for a night out and they wear so so well.
 
Have you guys splurged lately on anything??
 
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.