Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Silver and Gold (Nails!)

For the final installment of Happy Holiday Nails (because thats what we're calling it now!) we have the classic metallics family.

L-R Luxe, Goldeneye, Meteor Shower, Trixie

Orly Luxe- This is a very simple neutral classic gold color. It almost acts like a type of nude nail, just with a bit more flash. It is easy to wear across skintones, easy to get a hold of and has a lovely streak free formula. If you need a basic gold color to have on hand I think you can't get better than this one.

OPI Goldeneye- This is the standout for me from the OPI Skyfall collection. It isn't a foil as much as it is an ultra fine, ulta dense, flakie glitter. There is a primary yellow gold color mixed with more of a bronzed gold which creates a warm orange/bronze gold textured finish on the nail. I find this to be a suprisingly easy gold to wear and a perfectly festive choice for the season. It also works well as an accent nail or mixed with other colors on the nail.

American Apparel Meteor Shower- This is a yellow gold leaf topcoat. It's sparse but layers well and I think if you are looking for a polish to spruce up an exisiting collection for the festive season this is a perfect option. I've worn this over nudes and navys but I think over a red or green this would look beautiful. Even paired with the classic gold of Orly's Luxe this would make for some nice added depth.

Zoya Trixie- This is my go to silver polish. Ordinarily this is something I like on my toes in the summer but if I am ever going to wear solid silver on my fingernails it will likely be in the month of December. Its a nice silver foil with a subtle hint of sparkle to it. 


So that concludes this year's Happy Holiday Nails! I hope you enjoyed it and have a Merry Christmas!

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.