Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Obsessed: Nail Art

Lately I have been totally loving all kinds of nail art. I have been on a complete nail polish buying binge. I have determined it is unhealthy. However, to put all of my new polish to work I have been painting my nails with all kinds of fun designs.


First Up: Leopard Print!

Base: OPI Done Out In Deco Spots: Ruby Kisses Jungle Green Splotches:(lol) LASplash Liquid Liner in Black Onyx
This look is so much easier than it looks. (I promise!!!) This lovely chick Gemma, did a quick and easy video on how to use liquid eyeliner to create fool proof leopard print on your digits!

Next: The Reverse French (Ruffian)
White: Wet n' Wild French White Red: Revlon Red Leopard Print: Essie Topless and Barefoot (Base) Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Bronze Ablaze (Spots) LASplash Liquid Liner (Splotches)
Now this look is so hard for me to get just right but I love it all the same. The trick here is to use binder reinforcements at the base of your nail to get the half moon shape clean. Even with this little trick I can never seem to get the shape perfect...don' worry I will be practicing more. (and more and more and more)
Last: The "EEK" manicure a la Sophy Robson
Base: Jessie's Girl Fashion Friday Eye Whites:Wet n' Wild French White Eye Balls: Wet n' Wild Black
This look is so so so easy to do on your own and so much fun. Two little white lines and two dots for eyes and you're ready to roll. The original manicure done by Sophy Robson for the Giles Deacon SS 11 catwalk was with several base colors. Its easier for me personally to do it with one but another benefit to this look is that it is so easy to customize!

I hope you guys are loving this as much as I do.  Let me know if you give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.