Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Day at the Races (...and the Beach)

As per summer tradition in my house Wednesday I spent a glorious summer day in Saratoga. At this point in my life I have seen almost every racetrack in the United States. While it may not be everyone's thing it is one of my favorite parts of the summer.


It wound up being such a lovely day. Not too hot at all, almost spring-like. I was borderline underdressed for the weather. But the shirt I wore has to be one of my top 10 summer buys.
Top:Forever 21
For a mere $17 this top has such a neat detail. The front is a striped t-shirt material and the back is this just-naked-enough black transparent woven fabric. The racer back cut out is a small, interesting, on trend detail that totally makes this piece stand out.

Shorts: Forever 21 Necklace: Portobello Road
 Also, I hennaed my hair. Its subtle and gives my hair a nice faint ginger-y tint. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Excellent hair adventure for fall :).
Earrings: Forever 21 Lips: Sleek Pout Polish in Perfect Plum
The week was rounded out with a mother daughter trip to Jones Beach. After a mere few hours and with Hurricane Irene beating down the doors we kept the visit short and sweet. A quick stop at Ikea for a cheap new dresser and tea at grandmas meant we were well out of Long Island by dinner time. (The traffic was another story altogether.)


NYC at 70 mph

It's always nice to fit in things like this as the summer comes to an end. Off to nurse my sunburn and wait for the hurricane to blow out to sea (we hope!).

Until Next Time Guys....
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.