Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

Halloween Detox

Ah Halloween how I love thee. It's true, I love an excuse to dress up and behave like an 8 year old. My skin on the other hand was none too pleased with me after my weekend of facepaint and Gin...
 
 
This was just one of my costumes, but I'm pretty sure this was the one that made my skin go crazy. (must have been the 79cent face paint from Kmart...) I thought I would take a minute to share with you guys all the things I've used this week to get my face back in fighting shape..
 
 
 
1. Face Flannel/Washcloth- Using any oil based cleanser I have been giving my face a nice long massage every night to make sure that any excess dirt or makeup really gets off my skin. ( you know how it goes you go out, you come home, you pass out, makeup be dammned.) After a weekend of neglect I think this is the one things my skin appreciates the most.
 
2. LUSH'S Greased Lighting- I have been a faithful user of this spot treatment for nearly 2 years, The reason I like it is because it disinfects spots without severe drying or flaking of the surrounding skin. I love it when a product can be hyper-natural and still deliver chemical results and for me this one does.
 
3. Alpha Hydrox Treatment Gel- I have a whole post dedicated to this here.(link!) I cannot rave about it enough. It helps with skin texure and especially breakouts!
 
4. Elma&Sana Organic Argan Oil- I got this vial of oil off amazon about a year ago for around 13$ with shipping. (link!) I was using this on my hair and saw some results, but my favorite place for this is on my face. I was having trouble finding a moisturizer to use on nights when I'm not using the Alpha Hydrox that didn't make my spots more clogged. I reached for this on a whim and was suprised to find that this not only didn't make the situation worse, but actually seemed to aid in improving things.
 
This is just my emergency skin routine (as it stands now) and is of course specific to my skin concerns. Although I think that all the products mentioned here could easily help a wide variety of people in one way or another.
What are some of your emergency skin fixes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.