Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

You're Such A Square



I fight an endless battle with my nails. Specifically the condition of my nails. I recently went back to an old job that is particularly hard on my hands in general but on my fingernails specifically. After two short shifts they were breaking, splitting, peeling, and chipping. I kept racking my brain for a solution and finally I think I've figured it out.
After a broken nail i decided I was going to file them all back. After realizing that the rounded shape my nails caused breaking in the center it occured to me that squaring them off might help to mitigate the breakage. So far so good. Not only do I have zero chips or flakes but I have significantly less tip wear than I expected. (The photo above was taken right after polishing.) The real test will come after a day at work but I suspect even if they sustain some damage it will pale in comparison to what I'm used to.
I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.