Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good as Gold?

After hearing all of the good reviews in the beauty blog world on the Alph H Liquid Gold I was desperate to find an afforable US based alternative AHA treatment to try. After trolling the drugstore, Ulta, and dermstore.com I finally came up with an option.

Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Treatment



So this is marketed as a treatment for both mature and problem skin. I have neither of these skin concerns but so far I have enjoyed using this and seen some results. I will say, right off the bat, that this is NO miracle product that will change your life by any means.

It is basically a chemical exfoliating product that uses glycolic acid (and it looks like a bit of lactic acid) that eats up the dead extra skin that sits on the surface and can clog pores. (leading to breakouts, acne, etc.) I got this at Ulta for around 12$ which for a treatment like this seems to be a really great price. The packaging is plain and honestly, not the best design for the consistency of this product. This is a slightly milky, runny gel and if you're not careful when operating the tube it will leak out the opening pretty easily. I tend to unscrew the lid with the nozzle up and then gently tip the product out onto a cotton pad. I will also rest the open end of the tube on the cap while applying the product to my face, and then when I'm done applying I'll replace the cap on the tube. (If thats clear?)

For a while I actually used this product incorecctly and tried using a moisturizer on top (just because I couldn't get used to not using one!) but truthfully it works best on its own. I alternate evenings between my moisturizer and this. It's also reccomended that you use extra sun protection when using products like this as it can make your skin even more suceptable to sun damage.

In the end I really like using this type of product. It helps to reduce what few spots crop up on my skin overnight and give an overall improvement to the look and texture of my skin. It is supposed to help retain elasticity and collagen over time so in addition to immediate results you get the promise of long term benefits. (I can obviously not attest to those claims at this point.) Although I think I was expecting more based on the reviews I read and the results people have seen from other products similar to this. I will be using this up and when I do I'll be looking into alternative products with similar ingredients to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.