Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Obsessed: Purple Pout

I am so glad Fall is literally knocking at the door. I feel like of all the seasons Fall is when I tend to take more risks, try more new things, and I start to get really excited about fashion and makeup again. Summer is just so suffocating and hot it makes finding inspiration just so much harder. Having said this, I have stumbled upon my new favorite fall makeup thing. Purple lipstick. What?! It's not that scary I promise!

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick
 
 
Embrace
 
Divine
 
 
T: Embrace B: Divine
 
Ok so when you see them like that yes, the do look a little intimidating. I think if you're accustomed to a bolder lip this could be a nice way to branch out and try something new. On the other hand if you're new to strong lips one of these colors could be a nice way to test drive color without a lot of commitment. (and its not the shade you think it is either!)
 


Embrace is hands down a more friendly shade in my opinion. Its a near dead on dupe for MAC's Violetta lipstick which usually gets repromoted every year but is permanent at MAC Pro. It is a jelly-like berry color with a hint of fuscia and a blue sheen. This would make a delicious blackberry-esque stain for the bold lip shy come the cooler months.
 
 
 
 
Divine on the other hand is a more milky cream finish pink with a heavy lilac lean to it. I find these colors to be especially difficult to pull of especially if you have a warmer undertone like myself. So much so that I spent nearly two months looking at this in the drugstore and not buying it. I am so pleased that I finally caved. This is one of those chameleon colors that changes with the lighting and seems to be just milky enough without being pastel. It also fades nicely to a midtoned blue pink color that almost anyone can wear.
 
I think these are great entry level purple lip colors that allow you to test the water without going overboard and they are both less than 10$ to boot. If you act fast they are BOGO at Rite Aid and there is a $5.00 off two CG lip sticks coupon in the circulars this weekend. I can't wait to wear all of the new colors I'v scored and for honest to God sweater weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.