Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Base Nature

I have tried a fair few eye primers in my tenure with makeup. Time and time again I found myself going back to the same product...Urban Decay Primer Potion. All the others that I seem to experiment with left me creased and dissapointed. That said I have recently fallen out of love with my once holy grail eye primer. I know this next statement might be controversial but...I HATE the new packaging! For reference...
 
 
 
Original Packaging

New Packaging

 
Now I realize that this change took place quite a long time ago but there is one important shortcoming with this change that took some time for me to appreciate. It is too much product! What? Yes it is too much. It's a great value, but a year later (exp date for this item is listed at 6 months) when only half the tube left the product is seperated and unusable. So not only am I not saving money with the added value but I am wasting 50% of the product that I've paid for. Long story short I've decided that it makes more sense to pay the same amount (or a few dollars more UD 20$ vs MUFE 22$) and get less product just to ensure they I can use it all before it goes bad. On to my next point.
 
 
 
This is the new love of my life. It reminds me of the original Urban Decay formula. It applies smoothly and my makeup lasts for hours without creasing. The normal shape of the tube means I should be able to use it all without having to cut it open and even though it will take me more than the 6 month shelf life to finish I should be able to get through the item before it actually stops working.
 
If you are a pro and use primer all day everyday get the Urban Decay, its still an amazing prduct, but if you are just you opt for another brand and don't waste half the tube when the primer stops working 9-12 months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.